DIY Dollar Store Upgraded Phone Case | Stylish DIY Raised Text Phone Cases
Today I'm upgrading phone cases! I'm transforming a plain clear case from the dollar store and an old worn out clear case I had laying around. I'm using spray paint and some letters from a message board to create a modern and stylish textured case. These cases are super cute! Look how I easily upgraded these phone accessories!
Clear Phone Case/ Mostly Clear Phone Case
Spray Paint (Primer + Paint )
Step 1: Start by cleaning off an existing phone case or grabbing a new one. I cleaned up my existing phone case pictured here. I also purchased an all clear phone case from the dollar store too. I completed the same process for both phone cases.
Step 2: Use a primer + paint spray paint to start coating the back, side edges and front edges of the phone case. This is going to take multiple coats. Make sure to let the spray paint fully dry between coats to help prevent a bad paint job. You want to get as close to a smooth paint finish as you can.
Step 3: Pick the letters that you will be using as the text on the case. I gathered some letters from a message board and decided to use some cute "phone related phrases" to add to my cases. The letters I chose to use did not have a completely flat back surface. The letters had little posts in the back that I used a jewelry cutter to snip off.
Step 4: Spray paint the letters the same color as the case.
Step 5: Use a durable adhesive to adhere the spray painted letters to the case.
Step 6: Finish by adding all the letters to the case and allow time for everything to dry.
Then, "Text Me" or "Call Me" on my new upgraded phone case for my phone lol! I love how sleek and chic these phone cases turned out! A little spray paint and letters went a long way for these basic cases. I hope your crushing on these adorable cases as much as I am! Try it out! Come say hi and tag me @Craftingwithcass on Instagram if you decide to create your own! Subscribe to the blog for everything DIY and NEW updates!
Check out some other recent DIYs on the blog!